my father..

>> Jumaat, Februari 12, 2010

there are times when i enjoy conversing with my father.
there are also times when i dont particularly enjoy the experience.

my father is a man of the highest integrity i've ever known personally (since i dont really know that many people, so my father is the perfect example). in his line of duty, there are so many occasion that people always 'push envelope that contains valuable' to get their fair share of certain 'somethings'.

i was telling my father of how one perfect afternoon, i walked right into a restaurant where a YB, which was his childhood friend, was throwing a 'lunch party'. of course he recognized me, but, it is in my nature to ignore every politician, especially ones whom i knew for a fact, didnt do a thing to ensure the welfare of the rakyat in our area. be as it may that he is my father's childhood friend, to me, he's just another 'asshole'.

so imy father told me whether i was inclined to join his fellow childhood friend. i told him, the politician can kiss my pretty ass (of course, being a daughter, i rephrase these..) i couldnt care less, really. then my father told various stories of 'bribery' & 'corruption' that span his lifetime.

there was this particular favorite of mine. once, a towkay asked permission from my father to expand his hotel premises, but he didnt own that piece of property next to him. it was in my father's power to authorize the usage of that piece of property, so the towkay promised monthly 'allowances', promised to build new fancy fences and gates, and bla bla bla.. which obviously, my father gladly refused. i asked him, why not just take it? no one will know.. haha. my father told me, its not about whether we can cover our tracks, but its the fact that knowing we did something evil, that being dishonest, living without integrity, is not something that my father will ever considered.

i cherished all men and women, who despite all hardship in their life, has been able to remain true and honest to themselves. we might not live in a big fancy houses, drive the most technically advance cars, but rest assured, living based on the highest moral ground, is living a rich life where no evil is lurking. and i feel sorry for those politicians who lived ina big fancy houses, earning wealth from their evil deeds.. how did they cope with being dishonest all the time? 

i mean, how did they teach their kids? what did they say to their kids about morality? ethics? what did they say to their kids about heaven and hell?

0 komen:

Catat Ulasan

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP